There are particular styles that best complement a heart face shape.
Top 10 Sunglasses for People with Heart-Shaped Faces
A heart face shape is narrow at the chin with a forehead wider than the cheekbones. Such face shapes are “inverted teardrop” shaped and have a distinct set of sunglasses styles that are best for them.
If you are shopping for sunglasses for a heart face shape, here are some guidelines you can follow:
- Cat-eye sunglasses will complement your face shape by accentuating the general shape. A good pair of feminine cat-eye sunglasses will bring out your natural facial structure and complement it.
- Aviator sunglasses are great for a heart face shape because they distract from the widened forehead area, balancing the face and making your features more subtle.
- Wayfarer sunglasses are great for a heart face shape because the symmetrical nature of the lenses will help offset the difference in width from bottom to top of a heart face shape.
- Sunglasses with a wider top and a narrower lens bottom will serve to complement and accent the natural structure of a heart face shape.
- Sunglasses with upswept corners will counter the edges of a heart face shape, greatly complementing the total facial structure and giving an attractive highlight of your features.
- The Wiley X Ashley sunglasses are great for a heart shaped face because of their upswept sides and large lenses.
- The Ray Ban 4174 sunglasses work to complement a heart face shape by balancing it with slightly squared, symmetrical lenses.
- The Oakley Break Point is a great choice of sunglasses for a heart shaped face because of its upswept corners, squared lenses, extreme lens curvature, and large lenses.
- Like the Break Point, the Wiley X Dalila is a chic choice for a heart face shape because of the frame’s downturned and squared lenses, and it offsets the shape of your face with widened lens bottoms.
- The Ray Ban Catty Clubmaster is the most chic and elegant choice on the list for a heart face shape. These compact sunglasses complement a heart face shape with rounded lens bottoms and smooth, gentle edges.
If you have a heart shaped face, there are more options than the ten listed above, but hopefully these guidelines and 5 suggestions can get you started.
Your choice of sunglasses will be largely dependent upon whether you want to accent or distract from your heart face shape. Some prefer to complement it by accenting the curves of the face with upswept corners and downturned lenses, while others prefer to offset it with a squared or symmetrical lens shape. Either will look good, but it depends on how much you like the shape of your face!
If you have questions or would like some other suggestions, give us a call or leave a comment below! Thanks for reading, and happy shopping!